“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime”- Maimonides
CFS-Introduction to Plumbing; facilitated by Jenkins Plumbing, a well known company with over 25 years of serving as lead on projects across the country with a base of more than 2,000 trade contractors that include: carpenters, millwrights, electricians, plumbers, pipe fitters and other skilled tradesmen and laborers.
Jenkins Plumbing is committed to fostering local employment in the communities surrounding our project sites. These include internship programs that will provide participant’s hands on training to learn a skilled trade that can provide them with a lifetime of prosperity and professional fulfillment.
Students will learn Basic Plumbing in addition to:
- Definitions and Usage of Tools and Equipment
- Introduction to Installation of Fixtures
- Installation of Plumbing Fixtures
- Pipe Cutting and Threading
- Soldering of Copper Pipe
- Introduction to Waste and Vent Pipe
- Installation of Waste and Vent Pipe
- Rough in Water and Waste Piping for 3 PC Bathroom Group
Upon completion of the course, students will be Pre-Apprentice with a working knowledge of the Plumbing Industry in addition to having the necessary knowledge and trade skills as a Laborer when seeking employment and/or continue their Construction Training further on community college entry level.